This page contains important information and our policies for the 2017-18 season. If you have any questions in relation to the information contain in this section please email our General Manager – Simon Gale.
- All reservations must be made with the front desk.
- Any court rental cancellation must be done at least 24 hours in advance.
- No shows and late cancellations will be charged the full rental fee.
- Players or guests should not enter the court prior to their reserved time slot and/or until players on the court have had a chance to finish their point.
- On court players should relinquish their court when their reserved time slot ends.
- Appropriate tennis attire is required on court (no jeans, khakis, vulgar t-shirts).
- Proper court or tennis shoes are required on court. Sandals, boots, dress, running, skate and casual shoes are not permitted.
- Ball machine is available to use for one hour on a first come, first serve basis.
- Ball machine use is prohibited for children under the age of 10, unless otherwise cleared with TSR staff.
- Juniors under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult while using a ball machine.
- TSR has the right to cancel any group class or program due to low enrollment.
- TSR has the right to alter or vary a group due to challenge in skill level, scheduling conflicts, and/or court allocations.
- TSR has the right to move players to different classes if there are challenges within the curriculum of the class or program.
- Late registration is allowed on a space available basis and the class fee will be prorated.
- Make up classes – are offered, but not guaranteed. You must call at least 48 hours in advance with name, day, time and consideration will be given.
- Drop Ins – specialty clinics that require sign up in advance will allow “drop ins” only if there is space available. We will not overbook a class that has an advertised ratio.
- Class change – schedule changes must be made with written notice and are based on availability.
- Level Policy – TSR expects players to use their best judgment when registering for classes. Proper placement is crucial to maintain continuity for players within a class or program. The TSR instructional staff reserves the right to make appropriate placement adjustments as they see fit anytime during the course of classes.
- Parents on Court – we ask that you respect the teaching professionals space and stay off the court during your child’s lesson time. Communication with parents will be available before/after the class where available and during assigned parent weeks. We are always available by phone or through email. Our upgraded lounge area has TV’s showing every court for your viewing.
- Class sizes – all classes have a minimum enrollment of three. If a class drops below three it is no longer considered a class and the remaining two players will be given the opportunity to move to another class or take the time slot as a semi private lesson and pay the difference until another player is found to join the class.
- “Build Your Own” Clinics – Make up Pass for missed session available (conditions apply)
*Must give 7 days notice in writing. A TSR “makeup request”form must be filled out.
*If less than 7 days notice, we must sell the court to get the make up.
- We do not follow the school closing policy in terms of holidays or snow cancellations. If the club does close for inclement weather or other reasons, all participants will be notified via email.
- Updates will also be posted on our website, and Facebook. Clinics will be extended in the event of the club closing.
Drop Outs and Refund Policy
- If you need to drop out of a class 30 days written notice must be given. A TSR “drop out” form must be filled out. No exceptions. You will be responsible for the classes within the 30 day notice period.
- There will be no issuance of account credit or financial refunds for missed classes due to scheduling conflicts, early departure or any other reasons. Exceptions are:
- Injury – if the player has a medical release from a doctor received at time of withdrawal, a prorated credit will be issued for future use.
- Level – a player who does not meet the skills level requirements will be asked to change to a compatible class or will be issued a prorated credit for future use.
- Relocation – if a player is relocating and can no longer travel to TSR, they will be issued a full refund.
- 5% family discount on any additional family member.
- 5% payment in full **
- 10% additional clinics **
*Discounts cannot be combined
** only application for certain programs please check with our staff
Guests and Guest Fees
- Guests who accompany members are welcome , but must be checked in at the start of each visit and are limited to 4 visits as a non member. Your adherence to these policies allows us to offer no guest fees as a benefit, while still protecting the membership (former members are not considered guests)
- Guest fees of $20 per player apply to non members who use the facility without a member
- USTA teams with non members pay $22 USTA fee, no guest fee
- All guests are required to register and sign liability waivers prior to using courts or participating in any tennis program or clinic (paperwork)
Injuries and damage to property
- The club is not be liable for any personal injuries, property damage, or other loss sustained by any person, (member, non-member, visitor) in, on, or about the premises.
- Players are required to meet certain competencies in order to move up a level.
- No child can be moved up without the Directors approval. Only the teaching professionals can promote a player to the next level, not the player or the parent.
- We promote players at 3 times of the year, approximately, May, September and January
- We fully admit that there are players in classes that can beat players from the next class higher. It is never possible to make the cut off 100% accurate. This is also possible when players in the higher class lose due to style of play or other intangible reasons.
- We generally do not move up players that are winning and still have a lot of technical deficiencies, like wrong grips and wrong swing patterns, even if they beat players in the next level class.
- The best player in a class level does not automatically get promoted to the higher class. Each class has it’s strongest players and automatically promoting the strongest player would only make someone else the new strongest players and the cycle would never end.
- We feel that the pro staff are the people with the most expertise and unbiased position to make decisions about which players are promoted. Therefore, we discuss the players that we feel are at the top of their classes, in a special meeting of the pros. This is done every move-up time and the final decision is reached by the entire pro staff.
- We compare players to all players at their level, not just the ones in the class they attend. It is possible to be the strongest player in a certain class but only be the 5th or 6th player overall at a certain level.
- The following is a list of specific things that we look at when deciding whether to promote a player:
- Age: is the player roughly the same age as the other players and will he be experiencing the same pace on the balls in that class as he will when he plays in tournaments?
- Coachability: does the player accept the ideas and recommendations of the pro staff (new grips) or are they too interested in short term results to accept the advice?
- Maturity: will the player listen and behave in class at the proper maturity level or would he be a distraction to other players?
- Commitment level: has the player made a commitment to play in tournaments and pursue other competitive experiences or are they just “drillers”?
- Ability: is the player’s skill level appropriate for the next class in general and not just compared to the bottom of the next class?
Photography and Video
- TSR reserves the right to use pictures/videos taken of our players for publicity and advertising
- Private lessons must be booked through the front desk, not with the teaching professional.
- Any private lesson cancellation must be done at least 24 hours in advance.
- No shows and late cancellations will be charged the full lesson fee.
- Payment for all private lessons will automatically be run after the lesson time on the credit card that is on file, unless another payment method has been organized prior to the commencement of the lesson.
- If you need assistance finding the right teaching professional for you, please contact the TSR front desk to arrange a complimentary evaluation and placement.
Registration and Payment
- A player is not officially enrolled in a program without payment.
- A deposit or first months payment is required at time of registration.
- All program members must have a valid form of payment on file, otherwise full payment for the entire program must be paid up front.
- Payment for all private lessons, specialty clinics and other events will automatically be run after the event time on the credit card that is on file, unless another payment method has been organized prior to the commencement of the event.
- All non sufficient funds (NSF) payments will be subject to a $25 service fee.
- Opening Day for the 2017-2018 season is Tuesday, September 5th. Start, end, and off dates for all classes can be found on our website. Note that the only school breaks we observe are Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter and Memorial Day weekend. We don’t observe other religious, national, or school holidays and closings.
- Registration in advance is required.
- Payment for specialty clinics will automatically be run after the clinic time on the credit card that is on file, unless another payment method has been organized prior to the commencement of the clinic.
- Class ratios strictly enforced to ensure the best quality experience for all players.
- If a class is full you will be placed on the wait list.
- All specialty clinics require a three person minimum to.
- For morning clinics if the minimum has not been met by 7pm the night before the clinic will be cancelled.
- For evening clinics if the minimum has not been met by 12 noon the day of the clinic will be cancelled.
- 24 hour cancellation is required. If notification is not received you will be charged the full amount.