This page contains important information and our policies. All members and parents of junior players are expected to read and review the policies.
Policies updated January 2021.
- All court rentals must be made with the front desk or by using the TSR App.
- Any court rental cancellations must be done at least 24 hours in advance.
- No shows and late cancellations will be charged the full rental fee.
- Members can reserve a court 7 days in advance; non-members can reserve up to 48 hours in advance.
- Players or guests should not enter the court prior to their reserved time slot and/or until players on the court have finished their point.
- On court players should relinquish their court when their reserved time slot ends.
- Appropriate tennis attire is required on court (no jeans, khakis, vulgar t-shirts).
- Proper court or tennis shoes are required on court. Sandals, boots, dress, running, skate and casual shoes are not permitted.
- The membership contract holds the legal details of membership.
- Medical Membership Hold can be requested by emailing email@example.com. There is no membership fee during a medical hold and no time limit. The member must provide doctor note.
- Membership Hold can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. A $15 per month fee will be charged to the account. A membership hold can be in place for a maximum of 3 months per calendar year.
- Family Membership is available for 2 adults (a couple) and a maximum of three children under 21 living in same household.
- Couples Membership is available for two adult persons married, engaged, or otherwise romantically paired.
- Family and Couple Memberships charges will be applied to a single primary credit card will be used for all payments. Payments for services and membership will not be split, or put on separate cards.
- Summer Members must follow all policies of Taconic Sport & Racquet.
- Taconic Sport & Racquet reserves the right to close the pool for any reason including but not limited to weather, chemical imbalance, and Board of Health issue. Refunds will not be issued for any reason.
- Taconic Sport & Racquet is a smoke-free facility. Smoking and vaping are not permitted on the premises, indoors or outdoors.
- Parents are responsible for the safety of their children at the pool, playground and on the entire property. Parents/guardians must actively watch and look after their children.
- Unaccompanied minors are not allowed on the indoor or outdoor tennis courts or any part of the indoor or outdoor facility at any time.
- All players on courts must have proper attire and equipment.
- Outdoor and indoor tennis courts will only be used to play tennis.
- The pool is utilized by Camp TSR campers and Hudson Valley Swim for lessons every day of the week.
- Ball machine is available for use for one hour on a first come first served basis.
- Only one player is allowed on court during ball machine use.
- Ball machine is reserved as a same-day reservation only and cannot be booked in advance.
- Anyone using the ball machine is expected to sweep after use with provided equipment.
- Ball machine use is prohibited for children under the age of 12, unless otherwise cleared with TSR staff.
- Juniors under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult when using the ball machine.
- Once a Try Tennis class is attended, no refunds for the Try Tennis registration fee will be offered.
- No makeups for the Try Tennis in May classes will be offered.
- If a Try Tennis class reaches maximum occupancy, the class is closed to further registrations. No refunds will be offered for any reason.
- It is the responsibility of the Try Tennis player to register in advance for all classes they wish to attend. If the classes are full, a makeup date will not be offered, refunds will not be offered.
- If a player chooses one of the Step 2 options, the player receives a free Try Tennis Summer Membership. This membership will be in place between Memorial Day and Labor Day,
- All private and semi-private Try Tennis lesson packs purchased must be scheduled between Memorial Day and Labor Day. All unused lessons will expire on Labor Day. No refunds will be issued. It is the players responsibility to schedule the lessons through the front desk.
- Makeups for the 4-week group instructional Try Tennis clinic sessions are not guaranteed. TSR will work to find a makeup option within the same session. Makeups will not transfer to the next session. No refunds will be issued for missed classes.
- TSR reserves the right to cancel any group sessions due to lack of registrations or scheduling issues. Players will be offered a spot on another session or refunded.
- TSR does not follow the school calendar or district closing in terms of holidays or snow cancellations. If TSR closes for inclement weather or other reasons, all participants will be notified via email, the TSR Facebook page, or the TSR website.
- In the event of the club closing, Season Courts, Adult and Junior Instructional Clinics will be extended or rescheduled.
- Payment: Pay by using our Auto-Pay Program. Payment will be processed in four installments. First at the time of booking, then September, October, November.
- Tennis Ball Program: As a FREE service to our members we offer a new can of premium grade tennis balls to all Season Courts. You can pick them up at the front desk each time you play. We kindly ask you to return these balls to the front desk.
- The club does not rent a “specific” court. The club rents only the day and time on any available court. Courts may be reassigned at any time at the discretion of the management.
- Management reserves the right to provide instruction or run programming on adjacent courts. This may or may not include the use of music.
- Players that are unable to play on their season court for any reason, medical or otherwise, are responsible for filling their shares of the season court. If the player unable to use their shares decides to sell them to another player, the responsibility for collecting payment for those shares is their own. Taconic Sport and Racquet will not refund the original player or charge the new player for the transfer of shares- any monetary transaction to this effect should occur directly between the two players involved.
- All Season Court Players must have a current Taconic Sport & Racquet Club Membership from the time of deposit through the end of the current season. If at any time season court player ends their membership at Taconic Sport and Racquet, they must sell any remaining shares in the season court.
- Non-Members are only allowed to substitute 1 time, in total across all season courts, per month without being subject to a guest fee.
- If a season court wishes to reschedule their court time on a particular week they may do so provided that the club is notified at least 24 hours in advance that the court will not be needed on the day/time to be rescheduled. If this notification is not received, no makeup will be granted. Any requests for rescheduling days and times should be made to email@example.com and will be subject to court availability.
- The use of the Taconic Sport & Racquet Club’s facility is strictly at the player’s risk. Taconic Sport & Racquet Club is not responsible for injuries, accidents or damage to any person or to personal property arising from normal athletic activities in the premises. All groups and their guests hereby waive any claims for damages arising from their use of club’s facilities.
- Guest fees of $20 per player will be charged to non-members using the facility.
- Guests accompanied by a member will have their guest fee waived by the member (limit 4 times per guest) and must be checked in at the start of each visit. Your adherence to these policies allows us to offer waived guest fees as a member benefit while still protecting the value of membership. Former members are not considered guests. All other fees pertaining to the guest’s visit will be applied (court fee, lesson fee, drop-in fee, etc).
- USTA teams with non-members pay the current USTA fee, no guest fee.
- All guests are required to register and sign a liability waiver prior to using courts or participating in any tennis program, event or clinic.
- All services including court rentals and lessons require a valid credit card on file.
Injuries and Damage to Property
- TSR is not liable for any personal injuries, property damage, or other loss sustained by any person (member, non-member or visitor) in, on or about the premises.
Photography and Video
- TSR reserves the right to use pictures/videos taken of our players for publicity and advertising.
Adult Level Policy
- TSR levels are based on USTA ratings or a TSR Tennis Professional evaluation.
- Proper placement is crucial to maintain continuity for players within an Instructional Clinic, event, Drop-In or program.
Private, Semi-Private, and Group Lessons
- All lessons must be booked through the front desk, not with the teaching professional.
- All lesson cancellations must be done at least 24 hours in advance. No shows and cancellations will be charged the full lesson fee, regardless of reason.
- Lessons can be booked up to 30 days in advance, not beyond 30 days.
- TSR reserves the right, for any reason, to cancel or reschedule a lesson.
- Payment for lessons will automatically run after the lesson to the credit card on file, unless another payment method has been organized prior to the commencement of the lesson.
Private & Semi-Private Lesson and Instructional Clinic Advance Booking Policy:
- All private, semi-private and group instructional clinics can be reserved up to 30 days in advance. The 24-hour cancellation policy applies.
- It is the responsibility of the player to continually schedule the court with the Front Desk Staff to ensure the day/time/pro is available.
Drop-ins and Events
- TSR reserves the right to cancel any drop-in or event due to low enrollment.
- Effective for the 2022-23 Indoor Season (Tuesday, September 6, 2022) all Drop-ins require a 4-person minimum. A Drop-in with 3 players will be shortened to one hour. Taconic Sport & Racquet is not responsible for letting members know in advance when this situation arises. The price will remain the same. A Drop-in with two or fewer players will be cancelled.
- Drop-ins and events require advanced registration. Members can register up to 7 days in advance. TSR will not overbook a class above the advertised ratio. Ratios are strictly enforced.
- A wait list will be in place for a drop-in or event that has reached maximum capacity.
- Non-members will be placed on a wait list and added to the roster 24 hours before start time if a spot is available.
- Drop-in packages (10 packs) are not refundable for any reason.
- Payment for all drop-ins and events will automatically run at the end time of the event/drop-in to credit card on file, unless another payment method has been organized prior to the start of the event.
- For players on the roster for an event or drop-in, 24-hour cancellation is required. The Front Desk is unable to remove a player from the roster within 24 hours before a drop-in, court time, private lesson or event. If the cancelling player secures another player to cover, the cancelling player will not be charged. The fill-in player must call the front desk to let TSR know they will be covering for the cancelling player.
- Juniors attending Adult Drop-ins: Drop-ins are designed for adult players age 18 and above, the following exceptions will be made for junior players:
- The junior player is age 15 or above.
- The junior player has been assigned a USTA level equivalent rating of 2.5, 3.0 or 3.5 by a TSR Tennis Professional.
- Any player below age 18 will be bumped from the roster (up to 24 hours before start time) for an adult member regardless of junior member status.
- Only one spot per court (6 players) can be filled by a player under age 18.
Adult Instructional Clinics (TSR and/or BYO-Build Your Own)
- A TSR instructional clinic is built and populated by Taconic Sport & Racquet staff at the discretion of the Tennis Professional staff. A BYO (Build Your Own) Instructional Clinic is built and populated by the players that choose the day, time and pro. Each option has its own pricing, player to pro ratio, and policies (in certain situations).
- TSR reserves the right to cancel any TSR Instructional Clinic due to low enrollment.
- TSR reserves the right to alter or vary any TSR Instructional Clinic due to challenge in skill level, scheduling conflicts, and/or court allocations.
- TSR reserves the right to move players to different TSR Instructional Clinics if there are challenges within the curriculum of the class or program.
- Late registration and rolling enrollment for the TSR Instructional Clinics are allowed on an occupancy basis. Late registrations will be prorated.
- Scheduling changes for BYO Instructional Clinics must be made with written notice and are based on availability and level.
- TSR Instructional Clinics must have a minimum enrollment of three players. If a TSR Instructional Clinic drops below three, the remaining two players will be given the opportunity to move to another class or take the same time slot as a semi-private lesson. The price difference between a TSR clinic and the semi-private lesson will be charged to the players.
- Makeups for TSR and BYO Instructional Clinics are offered as follows:
- Player can attend a make-up during the Instructional Clinic Makeup Dates. Two makeup timeframes will be available between September – May, for a total of 4 possible makeups (2 in January, 2 in June). Dates will be available at the beginning of the season. Makeups will be offered by level (2.0/2.5 and 3.0/3.5+) and may or may not be with your clinic pro. Player to pro ratio may differ from your clinic. Players must register for the makeup sessions. Once the makeup session reaches capacity, registration will be closed.
- For BYO Instructional Clinics only – If every member of a BYO clinic cannot attend a clinic session, the session can be made up at a different day/time pending court/pro availability.
- If a player in a BYO or TSR Instructional Clinic has a sub fill in for their missed clinic, that session is not entitled to a makeup.
- Dropouts and Refunds for TSR and BYO Instructional Clinics. All refunds will be issued in the form of a credit on account.
- For both TSR and BYO Instructional Clinics, there will be no issuance of account credit or financial refunds for missed classes due to scheduling conflicts, early departure or any other reasons.
- Account credits can be requested in the case of (All refunds will be issued in the form of a credit on account):
- Medical issue resulting in an inability to participate – A TSR Instructional Clinic participant out on medical need for more than 30 days can, with a medical release from a doctor, request a prorated credit. A BYO Instructional Clinic participant in the case of any medical issue resulting in an inability to participate is financially responsible for the spot for the entire season until a replacement is found, or the group can choose to adjust the pro to player ratio and incur the price difference.
- Relocation – A player in a TSR Instructional Clinic that is relocating and can no longer travel to TSR, with 30 days’ notice can request a prorated refund for classes not attended. A BYO Instructional Clinic participant in the case of relocation is financially responsible for the spot for the entire season until a replacement is found, or the group can choose to adjust the pro to player ratio and incur the price difference.
- For BYO Instructional Clinics, if a player wishes to dropout, the player is financially responsible for that spot for the entire season until a replacement for the spot is found or the group can choose to adjust the pro to player ratio and incur the price difference.
Junior Instructional Clinics
- TSR reserves the right to cancel any Junior Instructional Clinic due to low enrollment.
- TSR reserves the right to alter or vary any Junior Instructional Clinic due to challenge in skill level, scheduling conflicts, and/or court allocations.
- TSR reserves the right to move players to different Junior Instructional Clinics if there are challenges within the curriculum of the class or program.
- Late registration and rolling enrollment for the Junior Instructional Clinics are allowed on an occupancy basis. Late registrations will be prorated.
- Walk-on time for junior players cannot be scheduled in advance. All players under the age of 13 must be supervised by an adult on premises. Walk-on time is applicable only to junior players currently and actively enrolled in the Junior Program. Walk-on time is one hour maximum per walk on session.
- A specific Tennis Professional is NOT guaranteed in the Taconic Sport & Racquet Junior Program. TSR reserves the right to change or replace Tennis Professionals throughout the Junior Program as needed.
- Junior Instructional Clinics must have a minimum enrollment of three players. If a Junior Instructional Clinic drops below three, the remaining two players will be given the opportunity to move to another class or take the same time slot as a semi-private lesson. The price difference between a TSR clinic and the semi-private lesson will be charged to the players.
- Makeups for Junior Instructional Clinic are offered as follows:
- Throughout the season, September to June, 3 makeup days will be offered. These dates will be made available at the start of the season.
- During makeup day, sessions will be offered by level and may or may not be with the clinic pro.
- Player to pro ratio may differ from the Junior Instructional Clinic.
- Players must register for the makeup sessions. Once the makeup session reaches capacity, registration will be closed.
- Makeup sessions will only be offered to players enrolled in the program at the time of the makeup date.
- Due to high occupancy rates and to maintain class continuity, no in-house makeups in other classes will be offered.
- Dropouts and Refunds for Junior Instructional Clinics. All refunds will be issued in the form of a credit on account. There will be no issuance of account credit or financial refunds for missed classes due to scheduling conflicts, early departure or any other reasons. Refunds can be requested in the case of:
- Injury – A Junior Instructional Clinic participant can, with a medical release from a doctor, request a prorated credit.
- Level – A player in a Junior Instructional Clinic that does not meet the skills level requirements will be asked to change to a compatible class or will be issued a prorated credit for classes not attended for future use. This decision is based on TSR Management and not player discretion.
- Relocation – A player in a Junior Instructional Clinic that is relocating and can no longer travel to TSR, with 30 days’ notice can request a prorated refund for classes not attended.
- For Junior Instructional Clinics, 30 days written notice must be given for dropouts and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Player is financially responsible for the classes within the 30-day notice period.
Junior Move Up Policy
- No child can be moved up without the approval of the Director of Tennis. Only the tennis teaching professionals can promote a player to the next level, not the player or the parent. The team of TSR tennis professionals meets to discuss all players skills, progress and technique. Other player aspects taken into consideration are age, coachability, maturity, level of commitment, ability.
- A movement through ball color IS NOT solely based on level of skill.
Junior Program Parent Communication
- Parents are welcome to watch through the viewing window (if Pickleball courts are not rented) or on the lounge court televisions. Parents are not permitted on court during their child’s time on court.
- Parents can engage with the teaching staff by sending an email to email@example.com
Adult and Junior Program Registration and Payments
- A player is not officially enrolled in a program without payment.
- For Adult Instructional Clinics and Junior Instructional Clinics, a first installment payment is required at time of registration.
- All program members must have a valid form of payment on file, otherwise full payment for the entire program must be paid up front.
- Payment for all drop-ins, events, and private lessons will automatically run at the close of the event on the credit card on file, unless another payment method has been organized prior to the start of the event.
- For players on the roster for an event or drop-in, 24-hour cancellation is required. The Front Desk is unable to remove a player from the roster within 24 hours before a drop-in, court time, private lesson or event.
- All non-sufficient funds (NSF) payments will be subject to a $25 service fee.
- All refunds will be issued in the form of a credit on account.
- All equipment must be wiped down by the user before and after use.
- Junior players currently enrolled in the Junior Program and over age 16 are welcome to use the Fitness Area.
- This area is free for use by TSR Annual Racquet Adult Members only. Pickleball members and Summer Members do not have access to the Fitness Area.