2022-23 Junior Program
The entire staff at Taconic Sport & Racquet (TSR) looks forward to another year of supporting and guiding our junior players as they grow and progress their skills. We have so much planned for the upcoming season; your junior player is going to have an amazing experience! To register please click here.
TSR Junior Program 2022-23 Highlights:
- The TSR Junior Program follows the United States Tennis Association (USTA) Net Generation pathway of Red, Orange, Green, and Yellow Ball (ROGY). No tennis experience is necessary! The program is designed for ages 7-18. The TSR Junior Program offers a developmental pathway with modified court sizes and equipment. The pathway allows children greater control, skill improvement and progress.
- The TSR Junior Program is designed to follow the “x2 Instruction & Play” philosophy. Players are offered two opportunities per week to be on court, learning and playing. The twice per week frequency gives players the consistency needed to continually improve.
- To follow the “x2 Instruction & Play” philosophy, players enrolled in the program will be assigned an Instruction Day and additionally are invited to a complimentary “Play Day” every Friday. The Play Day is a free additional practice opportunity. We encourage players to use this time to implement what they’ve learned. Play Day may consist of match play, tennis fitness drills, short court drills, and specific shot drills using a variety of methods on and off court to improve a players game.
- Perks of enrollment: Players actively enrolled in the program receive discounts and offers throughout the season. This includes intermittent private lesson and court time specials. Players enrolled in the program get free indoor walk-on court time. We encourage players to use this time to play with family and friends. Walk-on court time is defined as unscheduled time when a court is available.
- Players can choose to practice their skills during In-House Tournaments throughout the season. These programs have a low cost registration fee of $25 per player.
- Players will receive progress reports with details regarding areas of improvement and areas of opportunity for future development.
- Orange Ball, Green Ball, Yellow Ball and Varsity classes are often crafted with 2 or more courts, allowing players to experience more opponent challenges and different skill levels. Players will rotate up and down courts throughout the session and learn from different members of the Tennis Professional team.
- Tennis Professional staff will be rotated through instructional classes. Junior players may or may not have the same tennis professional for the entire season, coaches may be changed or swapped at any time. Our Tennis Professionals are all taught to follow protocols and curriculum as a team. All members of our Tennis Professional staff are engaged, experienced, and bring a high level of skill when working with our Junior Players.
- The maximum number of players per court during Instructional Sessions is 6 (8 for Red Ball). The maximum pro to player ratio during an Instructional Session is 1:8 (across 2 courts). Play Day does not have a maximum number of players per court and does not have a pro to player ratio.