TACONIC SPORT & RACQUET LADDER SYSTEM
Thank you for your interest in participating in the Taconic Sport & Racquet Singles Ladder. This is a great way for you to practice your skills in matches, to remain consistently competitive throughout the indoor season, and most importantly to have fun while playing on a regular basis. The Singles Ladder is an exciting opportunity to meet other people in a fun environment.
Ladder players try to work their way up the rankings throughout the indoor season by winning matches against other ladder players. If a player lower down the ladder beats a higher placed player, they take the higher placed player’s spot, bumping the higher player down one rung.
The Singles Ladder is ONLY available to members.
All inquiries shall be directed to the Ladder Coordinator, Sergio Barbu, via email at email@example.com.
- Initial ladder rankings are created at the sole discretion of the Singles Ladder Coordinator, Sergio Barbu. If you disagree with the ranking, you are free to challenge the players above you and win to move up the ladder.
- You may challenge up to 4 spots above you on the ladder AND no more than one rating higher. (i.e a 3.0 cannot challenge a 4.0 even if they are within 4 spots unless they are only 1 spot away).
- Players MUST read and respond to emails in order to remain in good standing. If emails regarding ladder play are ignored, the player will be removed from the ladder. Players should do their best to find a mutually agreed upon time to play matches.
- Player contact information will be shared. All players joining in ladder play agree to have their contact information shared.
- The Front Desk staff are NOT involved with the Singles Ladder. They will not be able to answer questions or offer information. The Front Desk is only tasked with assisting in booking courts. All questions, and all score reporting is sent via email to Sergio, the Singles Ladder Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Players are responsible for submitting match scores to email@example.com. If a score is not submitted, there will be no ladder movement.
- Both players are responsible for contacting and setting up their match at a mutually convenient time and for booking the court.
- Regular court fees apply to all Singles Ladder matches. Any player canceling the match within 24 hours of match start time will pay for the court fees in their entirety, for both themselves and their opponent. In this situation, an email should be sent to the Ladder Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The match format is the standard USTA 2 out of 3 sets, using the Coman tiebreak (first to 7, win by 2 in the 1st or 2nd sets and first to 10, win by 2 in the 3rd set super tiebreak).
- Players should email the Singles Ladder Coordinator (email@example.com) to resolve challenge disputes or problems. The coordinator has full authority to settle all ladder disputes. Ladder members are expected to comply with decisions. Ladder players are subject to suspension or removal from the ladder for repeated failure to accept challenges, chronic failure to return phone calls or email, failure to comply with the decisions of ladder officials, or for unsportsmanlike conduct. The Ladder Coordinator shall decide such matters and the decision shall be final.
- The Singles Ladder Coordinator is Sergio Barbu. All questions, clarification, score reporting, and anything else regarding the Singles Ladder must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.