Have you always wanted to learn how to play tennis but never knew where to start? Taconic Sport & Racquet (TSR) has designed the ‘Try Tennis’ program to get you started on your tennis journey!
The ‘Try Tennis’ program is designed for adult novice players new to the sport and new to Taconic Sport & Racquet. Players will utilize modified court sizes and modified equipment to ensure a fantastic experience and rapid skill development.
Check out the Try Tennis pathway:
STEP 1: TRY IT.
UNLIMITED ‘TRY TENNIS’ CLASSES FOR $49
Work with a Tennis Professional to develop your skills. Play with family, friends; meet and connect with new people!
- Try Tennis’ classes offered throughout the month of May. See below for the Try Tennis May Class schedule.
- Daytime, evening and weekend class options are available.
- Classes will be taught with modified court sizes and modified equipment.
- Advanced registration required for all May classes. Once a class reaches max capacity, it will be closed. Only players pre-registered for a class will be permitted to attend.
- Refunds will not be offered for any reason. No refunds or makeups available for missed classes.
- A class may be cancelled if minimum number of players isn’t reached.
- Click HERE to register and get started!
STEP 2: LEARN IT.
FREE ‘TRY TENNIS’ SUMMER MEMBERSHIP IF YOU CHOOSE TO MOVE FORWARD WITH A SUMMER PLAYING PROGRAM
Continue to learn and grow as a player. Tennis is a sport for life!
Choose your perfect summer playing option:
- 4-week group Instructional Clinic $99 per session
- 3 private lessons (just you and the Staff Tennis Professional) $175
- 5 semi-private lessons with a Staff Tennis Professional (you, a friend and the Staff Pro) $200 per player
- All summer programs are renewable and interchangeable
Free Try Tennis Summer Tennis Membership (Memorial Day to Labor Day) includes:
- Free outdoor court time. Member pricing on all programming and lessons.
- Exclusive ‘members only’ promotions.
- Racquet consultation and discounts at the TSR Pro Shop.
- For full details regarding the Try Tennis Summer Tennis Membership click here.
STEP 3: LOVE IT.
‘TRY TENNIS’ PATHWAY TWO OPTIONS TO CONTINUE PLAYING.
Option One: Instructional Clinic
Enroll in an 18 week Try Tennis Instructional Clinic and get a FREE Taconic Sport & Racquet membership for the 18 weeks.
The 18 week Try Tennis Instructional Clinic runs once per week from September to January and is priced at $28 per hour for 18 weeks which is a total of $504, which will be billed in four installments of $126 (September, October, November, December).
The Try Tennis Instructional Clinics are offered:
Tuesdays 9:00-10:00am – Start Date 9/13/2022
Tuesdays 7:00-8:00pm – Start Date 9/13/2022
Wednesdays 6:00-7:00pm – Start Date 9/7/2022
Thursdays 9:00-10:00am – Start Date 9/8/2022
-Maximum of 6 players per court. First six players to register will fill the class and the class will be closed.
-Makeup classes may be an option but are not guaranteed. Makeups are offered by attending another day/time of the Try Tennis Instructional Clinic IF there are spots available. The request must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Option Two: Private or Semi-Private Lesson Packs
Try Tennis players can purchase private or semi-private lesson packs with the benefit of a 50% discount on Taconic Sport & Racquet Membership. (Membership is required to purchase lesson packs)
Try Tennis players choosing private or semi-private lesson packs get 50% off membership for a cost of $32.50 per month for 6 months.
Try Tennis Lesson Packs are offered as follows:
6 Pack of One Hour Lessons with a Staff Tennis Professional: $420
6 Pack of One Hour Semi-Private Lessons with a Staff Tennis Professional: $225 per player (players coordinate the lessons and schedules with each other)
6 Pack of One Hour Lessons with a Senior Tennis Professional: $570
6 Pack of One Hour Semi-Private Lessons with a Senior Tennis Professional: $315 per player (players coordinate the lessons and schedules with each other)
Please send questions or inquiries via email.